Originally published 07/31/2017
As leak accusations rock the White House, Anthony Scaramucci and Donald Trump should know that American politics' first major leak came at a formative moment—by a founding father.
Originally published 01/28/2015
"He was a politician, he was a political scientist, he was a social worker, he was a diplomat. And he came from an ordinary family. He could not even complete his education. But till today, his thoughts have an impact on American life."
Originally published 07/04/2014
Thomas A. Foster
Ben Franklin had a lot of sex.
Originally published 09/25/2013
Walter G. Moss
In the United States today few of us value wisdom. This was not always the case.
- Did Squanto meet Pocahontas in London?
- Thanksgiving: Early Colonists Ate Turkey... But Also Horses, Rats And Snakes, Archaeologists Say
- Sources: McMaster Mocked Trump’s Intelligence at a Private Dinner
- The JFK assassination files lead back to Seattle
- Princeton investigates its connection to slavery at a two-day symposium
- OAH historians say events of the past year show they were right to emphasize freedom as the theme of the 2019 annual convention
- Why being a historian is about so much more than producing displays for museums
- Historian Says Textbooks Have Shaped Our Attitudes On Race
- Heather Ann Thompson says what went on at Attica is worse than we thought
- Princeton’s Jan T. Gross warns that Poland’s showing signs of turning decisively in a fascist direction