Originally published 09/19/2013
The novel has been banned after having been assigned as summer reading in a district under fire for school prayer.
Originally published 05/05/2014
Whatever position you hold on this issue, you'll find some support in our nation's history.
- Did a historian who said he’s a victim of McCarthyism get the story wrong?
- Stephanie Coontz’s work on the history of marriage cited by the Supreme Court.
- How Does It Feel To Have One’s Work as a Historian Cited by the Supreme Court? Cool. Very Cool. Thank You Very Much.
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- David Hackett Fischer wins $100,000 prize for lifetime achievement in military writing