Originally published 03/02/2015
Lawrence S. Wittner
Can a dedicated socialist have a significant impact upon American life? Lauren Coodley’s biography of prominent socialist novelist and agitator Upton Sinclair shows that, with a lot of talent and fortitude, that kind of influence is possible.
Originally published 09/15/2013
Upton Sinclair would be appalled at the lack of regulation of the meat industry, one hundred years after "The Jungle."
Originally published 02/22/2014
Historian Michael Honey on Pete Seeger.
- Historian James Harris says Russian archives show we’ve misunderstood Stalin
- The Invisible Labor of Women’s Studies
- Lincoln University historian mourns decision to abolish the history major
- Hamilton College conservative historian questions diversity requirement
- Historians on Donald Trump: A Huge Hit on Facebook