Originally published 03/02/2015
Lawrence S. Wittner
Can a dedicated socialist have a significant impact upon American life? Lauren Coodley’s biography of prominent socialist novelist and agitator Upton Sinclair shows that, with a lot of talent and fortitude, that kind of influence is possible.
Originally published 09/15/2013
Upton Sinclair would be appalled at the lack of regulation of the meat industry, one hundred years after "The Jungle."
Originally published 02/22/2014
Historian Michael Honey on Pete Seeger.
- Ken Burns argues that Vietnam is to blame for much of our current alienation and polarization
- Ilan Pappe says Israel Is Not a Democracy
- Drew Gilpin Faust discusses free speech in Harvard commencement address (video)
- Military Journalist Calls on General McMaster to Step Down—And Let Trump Be Trump
- Historian David Kaiser says the most exciting day of his life was JFK’s election