The Danger of Media Consolidation isn't New: Ask Upton Sinclair
by Maia Silber
Upton Sinclair saw the problems of the media in terms of profit and power. Walter Lippmann saw them in terms of psychology and trust. What were the consequences of Lippmann's diagnosis winning out?
Review of Lauren Coodley’s “Upton Sinclair: California Socialist, Celebrity Intellectual”
by Lawrence S. Wittner
Can a dedicated socialist have a significant impact upon American life? Lauren Coodley’s biography of prominent socialist novelist and agitator Upton Sinclair shows that, with a lot of talent and fortitude, that kind of influence is possible.
Deep Trouble in America's Slaughterhouses
by Lauren Coodley
Upton Sinclair would be appalled at the lack of regulation of the meat industry, one hundred years after "The Jungle."
- House Hearings on Campus Speech Show Different Perceptions of the Problem
- Mark Russell, DC's Piano-Playing Political Satirist, Dies at 90
- Trans Texans, Fearing Violence Inspired by Legislation and Rhetoric, Look to Armed Self-Defense
- How Paris Kicked out the Cars
- Vatican Repudiates "Doctrine of Discovery" that Justified Colonialism by Catholic Nations