Originally published 03/02/2015
Lawrence S. Wittner
Can a dedicated socialist have a significant impact upon American life? Lauren Coodley’s biography of prominent socialist novelist and agitator Upton Sinclair shows that, with a lot of talent and fortitude, that kind of influence is possible.
Originally published 09/15/2013
Upton Sinclair would be appalled at the lack of regulation of the meat industry, one hundred years after "The Jungle."
Originally published 02/22/2014
Historian Michael Honey on Pete Seeger.
- 10 Historians on What Will Be Said About President Obama's Legacy
- Harvard art historian James S. Ackerman Dies at 97
- Obama’s Legacy as a Historian
- Jack Rakove tells League of Women Voters Electoral College needs to be abolished
- Juan Cole says Chelsea Manning’s leaks contributed to the revolution in Tunisia