Originally published 09/01/2015
A mix of love and hate has characterized America’s relations with Cuba from the start. What many don't know is that the Castro brothers continued the terrorism practiced by the first Cuban revolutionaries.
Originally published 12/17/2014
A novelist's re-creation of an awful practice.
Originally published 09/08/2013
History provides reasons to be skeptical of the administration's chemical weapons claim in Syria.
Originally published 12/17/2013
Full article: http://hnn.us/article/140190
- Should a slave-era song be used as a sports UK soccer chant?
- Black Georgetown Employee Found Out the School Sold His Great-Great-Great Grandmother
- E.U. Is Turning 60 and Searching for Something to Celebrate
- The Most Controversial Psych Study Is Repeated — Same Weird Result
- A new book explores the stunning revelation that Hemingway spied for the USSR
- Rick Perlstein is asked if Trump’s like Nixon
- Doris Kearns Goodwin Puts Trump's Health Care Defeat In Historical Perspective
- Christina Vella, Author of Sizzling Works of Narrative History, Dies at 75
- Christopher Lasch, the late historian/social commentator, is suddenly everywhere
- Harvard art historian’s interest in black history has roots in her grandfather’s question in high school