Originally published 09/01/2015
A mix of love and hate has characterized America’s relations with Cuba from the start. What many don't know is that the Castro brothers continued the terrorism practiced by the first Cuban revolutionaries.
Originally published 12/17/2014
A novelist's re-creation of an awful practice.
Originally published 09/08/2013
History provides reasons to be skeptical of the administration's chemical weapons claim in Syria.
Originally published 12/17/2013
Full article: http://hnn.us/article/140190
- A Photo of Billy the Kid Bought for $10 at a Flea Market May Be Worth Millions
- Twitter Is Full of Fake History Photos
- The new Museum of the Bible confronts the challenge of presenting slavery and the Confederacy
- Al Franken Could Face an Ethics Committee Investigation
- New Ulysses Grant presidential library at home in the South
- Robert Dallek: “The fish rots from the head”
- It’s Been 3 Decades Since There Were So Few Jobs for History Ph.D.s
- Former Berkeley Chancellor Nicholas Dirks returns to campus as a member of the history department
- Conservatives attack Garry Wills’s book on the Quran
- The Scholars Behind the Quest for Reparations