Yom Kippur War
Originally published 10/06/2013
The unrelenting hostility to Israel in the greater Middle East continues.
Originally published 09/04/2013
The 1973 War wasn't just a turning point in Middle East affairs -- it was also a critical battlefield of the Cold War.
Originally published 09/03/2013
Social scientists who study revolutions and other historical processes generally look for patterns and similarities. Historians, by contrast, have traditionally focused on factors that are specific to each situation, in each time and in each place. They seek to understand the particularities of each situation, rather than generalize about commonalities.
- Mary Beard, herself a bestselling author, wonders why more women historians aren't
- Princeton U. historian Imani Perry claims mistreatment in parking ticket arrest
- Retired historian George Dennison remains on the payroll at the U. of Montana while faculty are cut
- The Atlantic profiles exciting ways to teach history
- LDS Church has gone from 0 to 4 historians specializing in women’s history