Yom Kippur War
Originally published 11/04/2016
Col. Zvika Greengold received Medal of Valor for 'single-handedly destroying 60 tanks' in Yom Kippur War, but senior reserve officer says tale was spun to boost unit morale.
Originally published 10/06/2013
The unrelenting hostility to Israel in the greater Middle East continues.
Originally published 09/04/2013
The 1973 War wasn't just a turning point in Middle East affairs -- it was also a critical battlefield of the Cold War.
Originally published 09/03/2013
Social scientists who study revolutions and other historical processes generally look for patterns and similarities. Historians, by contrast, have traditionally focused on factors that are specific to each situation, in each time and in each place. They seek to understand the particularities of each situation, rather than generalize about commonalities.
- Did Salmonella Kill Off the Aztecs?
- 'Amazon should stop selling Holocaust denial books'
- National Museum of African American History and Culture Reaches Milestone of 1 Million Visitors
- What Makes a President Great? Clipping? Sipping? Slashing?
- McMaster knows how national security policy can go wrong. Will that help him?
- Historian and Antiwar Activist Marilyn Young Dies at 79
- Trump Chooses Historian H.R. McMaster as National Security Adviser
- Holocaust Historian Deborah Lipstadt Explains Why People Believe Trump's Lies
- Princeton’s Harold James warns World War Three is now a "serious threat”