Originally published 06/19/2015
A century and a half after Chinese migrants toiled on the Transcontinental Railroad, an interdisciplinary team of Stanford professors is shedding light on a key chapter of the intertwined relationship between China and the United States.
Originally published 08/21/2013
Elon Musk, a serial entrepreneur who was a co-founder of PayPal and the electric car company Tesla Motors, sent people in California into a tizzy on Monday when he released a white paper outlining a hypothetical high-speed transportation system called the Hyperloop.There were a number of curious questions about the Hyperloop, which Mr. Musk’s white paper claims will be able to travel at up to 800 miles an hour and transport people from San Francisco to Los Angeles in 30 minutes. While physicists agree that technically, on paper, this is possible, economists seem to agree that technically, on paper, the price tag of $6 billion is impossible.
- A Trump book riddled with falsehoods will no longer be sold by the National History Museum
- 'America First,' a phrase with a loaded anti-Semitic and isolationist history
- These presidents all said they were going to change America. How’d that work out?
- Presidents Have Less Power Over the Economy Than You Might Think
- Harry Middleton, who led LBJ library and released presidential tapes, dies at 95