Originally published 10/23/2017
A review of the new movie about Thurgood Marshall's defense of a black man accused of rape in Connecticut in 1941.
Originally published 08/19/2013
Anna Marie Taylor
How a labor journalist and Thurgood Marshall put the kibosh on the Nazi ship Emden's trip to Baltimore.
- Robert Dallek: “The fish rots from the head”
- It’s Been 3 Decades Since There Were So Few Jobs for History Ph.D.s
- Former Berkeley Chancellor Nicholas Dirks returns to campus as a member of the history department
- Conservatives attack Garry Wills’s book on the Quran
- The Scholars Behind the Quest for Reparations