At 40, Springsteen's "Nebraska" Holds Up as a Harbinger of Rural Despair
"It sold poorly and due to its troubling themes, Springsteen did not take it on tour. Nebraska was left to speak for itself. Today, exactly 40 years after its release, that voice is no less disquieting."
SOURCE: The Baffler
Runaway American Dreams
by Dennis M. Hogan
What does it say about American liberalism that it's cultural tribune, Bruce Springsteen, is doing a corporate-sponsored podcast with the former President of the United States?
SOURCE: LA Progressive
Springsteen’s Open Letter to You: Be Well, Age Well
by Walter G. Moss
Reflections on the emergence of Bruce Springsteen as a model for aging successfully in a chaotic and dispiriting age.
SOURCE: Washington Post
Why Bruce Springsteen is the soundtrack of the 2020 primary
by Jonathan D. Cohen
By embracing the Boss, Democrats try to reach white working-class voters. But they need to embrace his ideas, too.
Review of Bruce Springsteen’s "Born to Run"
by John Johnson
Springsteen’s verbal artistry is frequently on display in his autobiography just as in his hundreds of recorded songs.
SOURCE: Huffington Post
Bruce Springsteen's 'Born To Run' manuscript could fetch $100,000 at NY auction
The document used to be in the collection of Springsteen's former manager, Mike Appel.
Bruce: Every Historian's Favorite Rock Star
by John Johnson
Review of the documentary film Springsteen and I, directed by Baillie Walsh and produced by Ridley Scott.
- Chair of Florida Charter School Board on Firing of Principal: About Policy, Not David Statue
- Graduate Student Strikes Fight Back Against Decades of Austerity, Seek to Revive Opportunity
- When Right Wingers Struggle with Defining "Woke" it Shows they Oppose Pursuing Equality
- Strangelove on the Square: Secret USAF Films Showed Airmen What to Expect if Nuclear War Broke Out
- The Women of the Montgomery Bus Boycott
- New Books Force Consideration of Reconstruction's End from Black Perspective
- Excerpt: How Apartheid South Africa Tried to Create a Libertarian Utopia
- Historian's Book on 1970s NBA Shows Racial Politics around Basketball Have Always Been Ugly
- Kendi: "Anti-woke" Part of Backlash Against Antiracist Protest Movements
- Monica Muñoz Martinez Honored for Truth-Telling in Texas History