The Daily Show
Originally published 03/27/2014
Judge Andrew Napolitano's ugly views on Lincoln and the Civil War draw upon a long history of libertarian arguments.
Originally published 03/16/2014
Manisha Sinha: Judge Andrew Napolitano is Wrong, Wrong, Wrong about Lincoln and the Civil War [VIDEO]
David Austin Walsh
The University of Massachusetts historian went on "The Daily Show" last week to rebut Napolitano's claim that Lincoln could have prevented the Civil War by buying up all the slaves.
Originally published 07/21/2013
Don’t underestimate the reach of “The Daily Show.”After Jonathan Sperber, a University of Missouri history professor, appeared on the show in April to discuss “Karl Marx: A Nineteenth-Century Life,” his biography of the German philosopher and revolutionary, he heard from several old friends. “That included the girl I had a crush on in 1966,” Sperber said recently....
- U.S. Planned for Military Occupation of Cuba
- New picture emerges of Mata Hari, who faced firing squad 100 years ago
- Massive section of Western Wall and Roman theater uncovered after 1,700 years
- Fight over national monuments intensifies
- Martin Luther: Reluctant reformer who rocked Christianity 500 years ago
- Historian Keri Leigh Merritt defends activist scholars
- Historian digs into the hidden world of Mormon finances
- A historian who became a business professor?
- Allan Lichtman's response to critics of his book that makes the case for Trump’s impeachment
- "Do We Have To Fight Nazis Again?” asks historian Paul Ortiz