Air Force One
Fly the Gaudy Skies
by John Wall
So Donald Trump wants to redesign the look of Air Force One?
SOURCE: Time Magazine
Trump Wants to Redesign Air Force One
Here's why the presidential plane Looks the way It does.
Air Force One, a Cherished Perk Awaiting an Upgrade
President Obama plans to bequeath his successor — or perhaps his successor’s successor — a new-and-improved Air Force One for the smartphone age.
The Man Who Gave Air Force One a Lift
by Michael Beschloss
The look of today’s presidential plane originated with a quiet collaboration between President John F. Kennedy and Raymond Loewy, who was perhaps the most accomplished commercial image and design expert of the post-World War II era.
Texas, Ohio Fight Over Air Force One Where Lyndon B. Johnson Took Oath Of Office
The LBJ Library is locking horns with the Air Force Museum over LBJ's Air Force One.
1st Air Force One plane decaying in Arizona field
TUCSON — The first plane to be designated as Air Force One now sits in a southern Arizona field that’s part of Marana Regional Airport.The aircraft that once spirited President Dwight D. Eisenhower on cross-country voyages is nearly forgotten on a 10-acre parcel, decaying under the relentless glare of the sun.“I think it’s one of these big secrets that, really, few people know that it’s out there,” airport manager Steve Miller told The Arizona Daily Star. “It’s sad that it’s just sitting out there, considering its history over the past 70 years.”...
- The Debt Ceiling Law is now a Tool of Partisan Political Power; Abolish It
- Amitai Etzioni, Theorist of Communitarianism, Dies at 94
- Kagan, Sotomayor Join SCOTUS Cons in Sticking it to Unions
- New Evidence: Rehnquist Pretty Much OK with Plessy v. Ferguson
- Ohio Unions Link Academic Freedom and the Freedom to Strike
- First Round of Obama Administration Oral Histories Focus on Political Fault Lines and Policy Tradeoffs
- The Tulsa Race Massacre was an Attack on Black People; Rebuilding Policies were an Attack on Black Wealth
- British Universities are Researching Ties to Slavery. Conservative Alumni Say "Enough"
- Martha Hodes Reconstructs Her Memory of a 1970 Hijacking
- Jeremi Suri: Texas Higher Ed Conflict "Doesn't Have to Be This Way"
- New transcript of Ayn Rand at West Point in 1974 shows she claimed “savage" Indians had no right to live here just because they were born here
- The Mexican War Suggests Ukraine May End Up Conceding Crimea. World War I Suggests the Price May Be Tragic if it Doesn't
- The Vietnam War Crimes You Never Heard Of