Originally published 07/17/2013
Aboriginal children were deliberately starved in the 1940s and ’50s by government researchers in the name of science.Milk rations were halved for years at residential schools across the country.Essential vitamins were kept from people who needed them.Dental services were withheld because gum health was a measuring tool for scientists and dental care would distort research.For over a decade, aboriginal children and adults were unknowingly subjected to nutritional experiments by Canadian government bureaucrats....
- New Churchill Museum director shares vision
- Judith Kelleher Schafer, 72, a historian of slavery and prostitution, dies
- Northwestern celebrates Garry Wills with a book in his honor
- Conservatives go after UCLA's historian James Gelvin
- Laura Hillenbrand writes her masterpieces despite suffering from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome