U.S. Air Force
Originally published 10/25/2013
The Founders never intended a religious test for military oaths, so what's behind the Air Force's convoluted swearing-in policy?
Originally published 07/11/2013
(Reuters) - An Alaska glacier is exposing remains from a military air tragedy six decades later.Relics from an Air Force cargo plane that slammed into a mountain in November 1952, killing all 52 servicemen on board, first emerged last summer on Colony Glacier, about 50 miles east of Anchorage.That discovery, by Alaska National Guard crews flying training missions out of Anchorage, put into motion a sophisticated recovery program carried out by the Hawaii-based Joint POW/MIA Accounting Command.After last year's initial work - when nearly everything that rose to the glacier's surface was picked up - the JPAC team came back this summer to collect additional relics pushed out of the ice since then.
Originally published 07/18/2008
David M. Barrett
JFK on wasteful Air Force spending.
Originally published 01/22/2016
Stone Age Brain
He understands this one important truth about politics. The election is not about him, it's about us and our feelings. -- Rick Shenkman
- Historian Daniel K. Williams says Democrats have a religion problem
- Bill O’Reilly – America’s best-selling “historian” – ridiculed in Harper’s for writing bad history
- Largest history festival is the UK criticized for being white and male
- Eric Foner doesn’t think much of a book that claims Lincoln moved slowly to emancipate blacks because he was a racist
- Harvard's Moshik Temkin pens op ed in the NYT warning historians not to use analogies