Originally published 04/05/2016
No one who witnessed the war in Bosnia came out of it untouched, and it would be hard to find someone there today whose life was not affected by the master plan of Karadzic and his henchmen.
Originally published 03/11/2014
Gavrilo Princip, the assassin of Archduke Franz Ferdinand, remains a hero to Serb nationalists... and a villian to everyone else.
Originally published 07/11/2013
Tens of thousands have gathered in Bosnia to rebury 409 newly identified victims of the 1995 Srebrenica massacre on the 18th anniversary of the atrocity in which about 8,000 Muslims were slaughtered.Among the victims are 43 teenage boys and a baby that was born during the ordeal. They are being laid to rest at a special cemetery near Srebrenica where victims are buried as their remains are gradually found in mass graves."This year we are going to bury the youngest victim of the genocide, the Muhic family's baby," Kenan Karavdic, the official in charge of the burial ceremony, said on Thursday....
- South Atlantic Mystery Flash in September 1979 Raised Questions about Nuclear Test
- California Owes Reparations To Victims Of Forced Race & Intellectual-Based Sterilization, Study Finds
- All the times in U.S. history that members of the electoral college voted their own way
- The Harriet Tubman $20 Bill Could Make an Early Debut
- Report: Economists have documented for the first time the decline of the American Dream
- Economists are attacking historians’ recent works on slavery
- Salon suggests Paul Gottfried, "a retired Jewish political historian,” was a founder of the Alt-Right
- National Women's History Museum Receives Grant to Rebuild Website with Advanced Content Capabilities
- UCLA history professor Gabriel Piterberg continues to come under attack after being accused of sexual harassment
- Bristol Brexit-backer Arron Banks ridiculed for arguing Roman history with Professor Mary Beard