Check out this neat iconographic that shows the history of coffee.
by Rachel Rolnick
It even helped the establishment of democracy.
by Jon Grinspan
Ragged veterans and tired nurses agreed with one diarist: “Nobody can ‘soldier’ without coffee.”
SOURCE: Oxford Press
OXFORD — A Miami University history professor has taken his interest in coffee from the classroom to the business world, opening the Oxford Coffee Company at 21 Lynn Avenue. Bob Thurston said his interest in coffee goes back many years, starting as a personal interest. As his research took him to other countries and he added to his knowledge of the subject, it crossed over from curiosity to scholarly interest. “I taught the history of coffee at Miami and taught about the history of coffee in other courses,” he said....
- Samuel Chase: The one Supreme Court justice who has ever been impeached
- Maryland Commission Sets Out To Investigate State's Lynching History
- How Joe Biden has Historically Played a Role in Mass Incarceration in the United States
- Crazy Horse Monument to Native American History is Built on Controversy
- William F. Buckley Jr. vs. James Baldwin: A racial showdown on the American dream