Originally published 07/28/2013
University of Kansas archaeologists may have found evidence that humans were in the Central Plains more than 2,000 years earlier than thought.Now they are digging to prove it.What they are looking for are clues that would tie the remains of a 15,500-year-old mammoth discovered two years ago in west central Kansas to some prehistoric human artifacts found about 50 yards away from it.The mammoth bones and a pile of flakes accumulated from toolmaking activities were unearthed by heavy equipment terracing a field northeast of Scott City....Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2013/07/26/4370071/ku-researchers-look-for-evidence.html#storylink=cpy.;Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2013/07/26/4370071/ku-researchers-look-for-evidence.html#storylink=cpy
Originally published 07/10/2013
YOKOHAMA – An almost perfectly preserved frozen mammoth, excavated from the permafrost in eastern Siberia, was unveiled to the media Tuesday in Yokohama, where it will be on display from Saturday.The 3-meter-tall mammoth is a 10-year-old female and is presumed to have died about 39,000 years ago. The frozen carcass, named “Yuka” after Russia’s Sakha (Yakutia) Republic where it was discovered, is believed to be one of the world’s largest.Excavated in 2010, Yuka has a long trunk, arms and legs preserved in almost perfect condition. Since then, the carcass was conserved and studied by researchers at an institute in Russia....
- Donald Trump Is Wrong on Mosul Attack, Military Experts Say
- Emmett Till memorial sign is riddled with bullet holes and has been repeatedly vandalized
- Posthumous pardons law may see Oscar Wilde exonerated
- Has an Election Ever Been Rigged in U.S. History?
- A short history of white people rigging elections
- Steven Runciman — historian, tease and professional enigma — is the subject of a biography
- Historian Eric Foner: Trump is Logical Conclusion of What the GOP Has Been Doing for Decades
- Ken Burns developing 'The Gene' based on Mukherjee's bestseller
- Does the 'Father' of the 1948 Ethnic Cleansing Narrative Really Want to Recant His Words?
- Max Boot wants to know “what the hell happened to my Republican Party?"