Originally published 07/28/2013
University of Kansas archaeologists may have found evidence that humans were in the Central Plains more than 2,000 years earlier than thought.Now they are digging to prove it.What they are looking for are clues that would tie the remains of a 15,500-year-old mammoth discovered two years ago in west central Kansas to some prehistoric human artifacts found about 50 yards away from it.The mammoth bones and a pile of flakes accumulated from toolmaking activities were unearthed by heavy equipment terracing a field northeast of Scott City....Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2013/07/26/4370071/ku-researchers-look-for-evidence.html#storylink=cpy.;Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2013/07/26/4370071/ku-researchers-look-for-evidence.html#storylink=cpy
Originally published 07/10/2013
YOKOHAMA – An almost perfectly preserved frozen mammoth, excavated from the permafrost in eastern Siberia, was unveiled to the media Tuesday in Yokohama, where it will be on display from Saturday.The 3-meter-tall mammoth is a 10-year-old female and is presumed to have died about 39,000 years ago. The frozen carcass, named “Yuka” after Russia’s Sakha (Yakutia) Republic where it was discovered, is believed to be one of the world’s largest.Excavated in 2010, Yuka has a long trunk, arms and legs preserved in almost perfect condition. Since then, the carcass was conserved and studied by researchers at an institute in Russia....
- Transcribed Document: Soviet Politburo Discussed CIA Billion Dollar Spy Adolf Tolkachev
- Pentagon withholds Iraq War photos showing detainee abuse
- These Rebels Have Amassed A Library From Syria’s Ruins
- Was 1916 fire at Canadian Parliament set by German saboteur?
- United Nations Calls On U.S. To Pay African Americans Reparations For Slavery
- Juan Cole says America’s inclination to turn to the military started with Manifest Destiny
- History Jobs Drop
- Paul Krugman gives credence to Robert J. Gordon's pessimism about American economic growth
- Harvard President Drew Faust Condemns Free Tuition Proposal from Outsider Overseers Ticket
- Andrew Roberts says Trump is the Mussolini of America with double the vulgarity