Originally published 04/25/2017
More than 500 years after Sicily’s Jews were banished from this island in 1492, a nascent Jewish community is planting fresh roots in the Sicilian capital, reclaiming a lost, often painful, history, this time with the aid of the local diocese.
Originally published 07/09/2013
The job of coming up with a deception plan fell to a small inter-departmental intelligence team, the Twenty Committee, which specialized in producing double agents (The Twenty Committee was often identified by the symbols XX, standing for double cross).
- Defense Secretary James Mattis tells high school student to study history
- Dunkirk survivors’ terror didn’t end when they were rescued
- Site of Germany’s Biggest World War II Battle in the News
- Champion of the Black Community Is Given Her Rightful Due in Richmond
- CIA Plans to Destroy Some of Its Old Leak Files
- Rick Perlstein joins criticism of Nancy MacLean's "Democracy in Chains"
- Daniel Pipes says it’s time for the Palestinians to recognize they lost
- Wm. Theodore de Bary, Renowned Columbia Sinologist, Dies at 97
- Iran sentences Princeton history grad student to 10 years for spying
- Medievalists, Recoiling From White Supremacy, Try to Diversify the Field