Originally published 07/22/2013
In the immediate aftermath of the Civil War, white Southerners lashed out with homicidal rage against their former bondsmen.
Originally published 07/15/2013
Some people undoubtedly choose to wave Confederate flags just to get attention. But what binds people today to yesterday's Confederates is not so much an abhorrence of centralized state power as it is a fear of change.
Originally published 06/25/2013
File photo/HNN staff.
- Colorado Students Strip Naked in Protest of ‘Censorship’ of AP History Classes
- They should give this definition of History to all first year undergrads on their first day
- Field Report: What I learned by attending a workshop on Korean history
- Historians suggest ways California can integrate gay history into the school curriculum
- Now it’s Andrew Bacevich’s turn to do a MOOC