Originally published 06/24/2016
Grove City College's AAUP censure lifted after 53 years after school apologizes for firing Larry Gara
Gara, a pacifist, was fired in 1962 at the height of the Cold War. The apology came after the AP highlighted his case last year. He’s now 94 years old.
Originally published 06/13/2013
David Austin Walsh
With MOOCs the academic freedom of professors is under siege because professors are losing control of their intellectual property, says Cary Nelson, former president of the American Association of University Professors.
- Sinclair Lewis Predicted Trump—And Us
- Harvesting Government History, One Web Page at a Time
- 'Arbeit Macht Frei’ Gate Thought to Be Stolen From Dachau Is Found
- Behind the 1947 Law That Could Block Donald Trump’s Secretary of Defense Pick
- Why Trump Would Almost Certainly Be Violating the Constitution If He Continues to Own His Businesses
- Novelist says History classes are our best hope for teaching Americans to question fake news and Donald Trump
- National Book Award winner Ibram X. Kendi is youngest in 30 years in the non-fiction category
- Historian Volker Ullrich’s book on the rise of Hitler is spookily relevant
- People are still talking about historian Mark Lilla’s NYT op ed 2 weeks after it was published
- Rick Perlstein says Trump’s election confirms a paranoid trend in the GOP