Originally published 06/24/2016
Grove City College's AAUP censure lifted after 53 years after school apologizes for firing Larry Gara
Gara, a pacifist, was fired in 1962 at the height of the Cold War. The apology came after the AP highlighted his case last year. He’s now 94 years old.
Originally published 06/13/2013
David Austin Walsh
With MOOCs the academic freedom of professors is under siege because professors are losing control of their intellectual property, says Cary Nelson, former president of the American Association of University Professors.
- There are certain moments in US history when Confederate monuments go up
- Charlottesville Violence Spurs New Resistance to Confederate Symbols
- Historians Question Trump’s Comments on Confederate Monuments
- Baltimore Removes Confederate Statues in Overnight Operation
- How the Nazi Flags in Charlottesville Look to a German
- Philip Zelikow says the government should crack down on armed groups of militants
- Conservatives complain that a "Pro-gay U.S. embassy features ‘art’ by anti-Trump professor”
- N. D. B. Connolly says Charlottesville showed that liberalism can’t defeat white supremacy
- Historian William I. Hitchcock schools policymakers: Ike never threatened to use nukes in North Korea
- Ibram X. Kendi asks and answers this question: What would Jefferson say about white supremacists descending upon his university?