Originally published 01/07/2014
Lawrence S. Wittner
And it shouldn't be surprising: Americans tend to have buyers' remorse when it comes to war.
Originally published 10/22/2013
Why Washington can't stop militarizing the planet.
Originally published 09/03/2013
Michael H. Creswell
Inaction means Assad remains in power and Obama looking weak, but the president faces hurdles to action both at the UN and in Congress.
Originally published 05/28/2013
Andrew J. Bacevich
Clockwise from top: Buffalo Soldiers in the Spanish American War; a Soviet officer in World War II; Canadian troops in World War I, and dead Confederate soldiers in the American Civil War.Originally posted on TomDispatch.com For well over a decade now the United States has been “a nation at war.” Does that war have a name?
Originally published 11/11/2015
My dogs would make poor scientists, because they can be individual learners at best, unable to profit from the knowledge gained by other members of their species. But they are better scientists than Republican know-nothings, because they learn from the world around them without political filters and ideological blinders.
- Supporters Rally Around Accused Russian Historian Of Stalin's Crimes
- Mormon history scholars file court brief over Trump travel ban
- Accused plagiarist Matthew Whitaker wins arbitration case against City of Phoenix over police contract
- Niall Ferguson says the liberal international order has passed its peak
- Nathaniel Philbrick wins the $50,000 2017 George Washington Prize