Originally published 01/07/2014
And it shouldn't be surprising: Americans tend to have buyers' remorse when it comes to war.
Originally published 10/22/2013
Why Washington can't stop militarizing the planet.
Originally published 09/03/2013
Inaction means Assad remains in power and Obama looking weak, but the president faces hurdles to action both at the UN and in Congress.
Originally published 05/28/2013
Clockwise from top: Buffalo Soldiers in the Spanish American War; a Soviet officer in World War II; Canadian troops in World War I, and dead Confederate soldiers in the American Civil War.Originally posted on TomDispatch.com For well over a decade now the United States has been “a nation at war.” Does that war have a name?
- Memorial for black Revolutionary War soldiers finds spot on Mall after 30 years
- Sherlock Holmes star to feature in a new movie about Alan Turning
- Man’s Genome From 45,000 Years Ago Is Reconstructed
- This company claims its video games about the French Revolution are accurate
- Origins of sex discovered
- Symposium held in honor of John D’Emilio
- Thousands of Historic Archives from British Asylums to Go Online
- American Studies Association boycott of Israel: Conservatives say it’s weakening
- YIVO Vilna Project Will Digitize Jewish History
- Columbia historian Eric Foner is giving his lectures to the public -- and to posterity — through a free MOOC.