Originally published 01/07/2014
And it shouldn't be surprising: Americans tend to have buyers' remorse when it comes to war.
Originally published 10/22/2013
Why Washington can't stop militarizing the planet.
Originally published 09/03/2013
Inaction means Assad remains in power and Obama looking weak, but the president faces hurdles to action both at the UN and in Congress.
Originally published 05/28/2013
Clockwise from top: Buffalo Soldiers in the Spanish American War; a Soviet officer in World War II; Canadian troops in World War I, and dead Confederate soldiers in the American Civil War.Originally posted on TomDispatch.com For well over a decade now the United States has been “a nation at war.” Does that war have a name?
- Field Report: What I learned by attending a workshop on Korean history
- Historians suggest ways California can integrate gay history into the school curriculum
- Now it’s Andrew Bacevich’s turn to do a MOOC
- Historian enlists Plato in campaign to win converts to an exciting way to teach history
- Teachers walkout in Colorado over AP history controversy and pay