Originally published 09/30/2014
It will replicate the course he taught for years at BU: War for the Greater Middle East
Originally published 07/03/2014
During his 16 years at BU, Andrew Bacevich has become one of the University’s most public faces.
Originally published 06/24/2014
Andrew Bacevich blasts Robert Kagan for providing a "falsified, sanitized, and in some respects, illusory account of recent American history”
"When Kagan uses phrases like world order, he's describing something that never really existed except in his own imagination."
Originally published 11/12/2013
Africa has many needs. Whether it needs the United States bringing to bear a million American soldiers is doubtful.
Originally published 05/28/2013
Clockwise from top: Buffalo Soldiers in the Spanish American War; a Soviet officer in World War II; Canadian troops in World War I, and dead Confederate soldiers in the American Civil War.Originally posted on TomDispatch.com For well over a decade now the United States has been “a nation at war.” Does that war have a name?
- New museum in Poland -- the grandest space created since 1989 -- tells the story of the Jews
- Lewinsky mistreated by authorities in investigation of Clinton, report says
- Scientists Say Proof Of Jack The Ripper's Identity Is Fatally Flawed
- Memorial for black Revolutionary War soldiers finds spot on Mall after 30 years
- Sherlock Holmes star to feature in a new movie about Alan Turning
- How Laurel Thatcher Ulrich caught up with the past
- Postal Workers Take on Harvard President, historian Drew Faust
- Symposium held in honor of John D’Emilio
- Thousands of Historic Archives from British Asylums to Go Online
- American Studies Association boycott of Israel: Conservatives say it’s weakening