Originally published 10/26/2015
Novelist who knew Hiss for more than three decades has written a personal history that accuses president of fitting him up as a communist spy
Originally published 06/28/2015
The papers implicate Alger Hiss in espionage. But another letter writer claims that Weinstein got facts wrong in his book on Hiss.
Originally published 11/04/2013
Walter Russell Mead
Hiss is the quintessential liberal establishment elite (and closet communist).
Originally published 05/20/2013
Credit: Wiki Commons.Originally printed in the Weekly Standard.
- ‘No Vacancies’ for Blacks: How Donald Trump Got His Start, and Was First Accused of Bias
- New Yorker profiles activist who's drawing attention to lynchings
- Wisconsin GOP senator wants to replace history professors with Ken Burns videos
- UT removes Confederate inscription that it previously said would stay
- The man behind the Smithsonian’s new African-American history museum
- NYT publishes historians' plea for the revival of political history
- Some Ohio University professors ditch the textbooks, and the prices
- Renowned Israeli Holocaust Historian: ‘If I Were a British Jew, I’d Be Worried’
- Heather Ann Thompson pries loose the long-kept secrets of Attica in her new book
- Lonnie Bunch remembers his first day on the job as director of the new black history museum