Originally published 10/26/2015
Novelist who knew Hiss for more than three decades has written a personal history that accuses president of fitting him up as a communist spy
Originally published 06/28/2015
The papers implicate Alger Hiss in espionage. But another letter writer claims that Weinstein got facts wrong in his book on Hiss.
Originally published 11/04/2013
Walter Russell Mead
Hiss is the quintessential liberal establishment elite (and closet communist).
Originally published 05/20/2013
Credit: Wiki Commons.Originally printed in the Weekly Standard.
- Steve Fraser says Trump is sui generis
- Yale’s Timothy Snyder denounces the Polish government for sabotaging the Museum of the Second World War
- The Historian Whitewashing Ukraine’s Past
- Andrew Roberts wins $250,000 prize from the conservative Bradley Foundation
- Daniel Aaron, Critic and Historian Who Pioneered American Studies, Dies at 103