Originally published 10/26/2015
Novelist who knew Hiss for more than three decades has written a personal history that accuses president of fitting him up as a communist spy
Originally published 06/28/2015
The papers implicate Alger Hiss in espionage. But another letter writer claims that Weinstein got facts wrong in his book on Hiss.
Originally published 11/04/2013
Walter Russell Mead
Hiss is the quintessential liberal establishment elite (and closet communist).
Originally published 05/20/2013
Credit: Wiki Commons.Originally printed in the Weekly Standard.
Originally published 10/18/2016
Republican voters have been well prepared by their political leaders to believe wild theories which make them victims of vast conspiracies.
- Support grows for Smithsonian museum of women’s history
- History Lesson: How the Democrats pushed Obamacare through the Senate
- Oldest women’s college in US – Wesleyan College in Macon, Georgia – seeks to atone for Ku Klux Klan’s legacy
- Ancient Egyptian Writing: New Symbols Reveal Development Of Hieroglyphics
- Dr. Suess museum chided for failing to address head-on his racist statements during WW2
- Lonnie Bunch says the nooses found at the Smithsonian recently show why black people cannot get over the past
- Andrew Bacevich bemoans the loss of authority of historians
- It’s Time for Historians of Slavery to Listen to Economists
- Researcher: "Actually, Yes It Is a Discovery If You Find Something in an Archive That No One Knew Was There."
- The Trump team is obsessing over Thucydides, the ancient historian who wrote a seminal tract on war