Originally published 10/26/2015
Novelist who knew Hiss for more than three decades has written a personal history that accuses president of fitting him up as a communist spy
Originally published 06/28/2015
The papers implicate Alger Hiss in espionage. But another letter writer claims that Weinstein got facts wrong in his book on Hiss.
Originally published 11/04/2013
Walter Russell Mead
Hiss is the quintessential liberal establishment elite (and closet communist).
Originally published 05/20/2013
Credit: Wiki Commons.Originally printed in the Weekly Standard.
Originally published 10/18/2016
Republican voters have been well prepared by their political leaders to believe wild theories which make them victims of vast conspiracies.
- Killer took selfie after stabbing historian over rare ‘Wind in the Willows’ book
- VW fires corporate historian who drew attention to wartime ties to Nazis
- Trump Recording Narrows Divide on Sexual Assault
- SUNY professor says Trump win at least 87 percent certain; other polls 'bunk'
- Petition Started to Include Clarence Thomas in National African American Museum
- Garry Wills says there’s one human test we can use to decide who’s the better candidate: Trump or Clinton
- Get to Know the Semifinalists for the National Book Award
- Steven Runciman — historian, tease and professional enigma — is the subject of a biography
- Historian Eric Foner: Trump is Logical Conclusion of What the GOP Has Been Doing for Decades
- Ken Burns developing 'The Gene' based on Mukherjee's bestseller