Originally published 10/26/2015
Novelist who knew Hiss for more than three decades has written a personal history that accuses president of fitting him up as a communist spy
Originally published 06/28/2015
The papers implicate Alger Hiss in espionage. But another letter writer claims that Weinstein got facts wrong in his book on Hiss.
Originally published 11/04/2013
Walter Russell Mead
Hiss is the quintessential liberal establishment elite (and closet communist).
Originally published 05/20/2013
Credit: Wiki Commons.Originally printed in the Weekly Standard.
Originally published 10/18/2016
Republican voters have been well prepared by their political leaders to believe wild theories which make them victims of vast conspiracies.
- Trump just promised the biggest tax cut in history
- An African Diaspora group at Columbia University draped a KKK hood over Thomas Jefferson
- Documents show how CIA connived with Chilean publisher to overthrow Allende
- Is Trump right that he's signed more executive orders than FDR in his first 100 days?
- 500 Years After Expulsion, Sicily’s Jews Reclaim a Lost History
- Nathaniel Philbrick wins the $50,000 2017 George Washington Prize
- In an interview Jill Lepore explains how she writes and the writers she admires most
- Trump is no Hitler – he’s a Mussolini, says Oxford historian
- Rick Perlstein’s still drawing brickbats for his confession in the NYT that historians (like him) have misinterpreted modern conservatism
- “Historians are shockingly dismissive of people in ‘flyover country,’ ” says Pulitzer-winning historian T. J. Stiles