Royal Air Force
Originally published 05/09/2013
Of all the commemorations marking this month’s 70th anniversary of the Second World War’s most famous bombing raid, it is perhaps the most poignant.A new plaque has been unveiled in a German field where one of the Dambuster bombers crashed, with the loss of all seven men on-board.The memorial has been installed by a local historian who located the crash site as part of his research into the fate of the aircraft, AJ-E....
- Swastikas, Hate and Confusion
- Obama chooses Chicago to host his presidential library
- Arizona State class on “The Problem of Whiteness” sparks neo-Nazi campaign
- How Curfews Have Changed Through History
- Supreme Court justices called to task for saying institution of marriage hasn't changed in millennia