We Bought a World War II Ship on EBay
A Welsh couple has undertaken the repair and refurbishment of a 72-foot Royal Navy harbor defense vessel.
SOURCE: New York Times
Mr. DeMille, I’m Ready for Your Booze Stash
A look inside the subculture of "dusty hunters," collectors of old-stock liquor. Usually this means finding discontinued brands in the back of a liquor store, but sometimes it means buying a legendary film director's supply.
SOURCE: NY Times
Mammy Jars Mock Black People. Why Are They Still Collected?
Racist objects, created as propaganda tools during the Jim Crow era, reflect ugly stereotypes about black people. Yet some people see nostalgia, not dehumanization, in the memorabilia.
- House Hearings on Campus Speech Show Different Perceptions of the Problem
- Mark Russell, DC's Piano-Playing Political Satirist, Dies at 90
- Trans Texans, Fearing Violence Inspired by Legislation and Rhetoric, Look to Armed Self-Defense
- How Paris Kicked out the Cars
- Vatican Repudiates "Doctrine of Discovery" that Justified Colonialism by Catholic Nations