Originally published 05/05/2013
An American soldier with a captured Heinkel He 162 Volksjager in 1945. Credit: Wiki Commons.In late spring of 1945, the conflict in Europe ended, not with a whimper but a bang. On April 30, Adolf Hitler put the barrel of a gun to his right temple and pulled the trigger. VE-day, May 8, 1945 soon followed as the Nazis agreed to an "unconditional surrender."
- Historians plead with Trump not to block the release of final stash of JFK assassination documents
- Historian and Novelist Thomas Fleming Has Passed Away at Age 90
- Steven Salaita, Whose Revoked Job Offer Inflamed Higher Ed, Says He’s Leaving Academe
- When did higher education become partisan?
- One reason H.R. McMaster and Trump don't have a close relationship