Originally published 11/11/2014
95% of Vietnam veterans who used heroin got off it when they returned home. What was their secret?
Originally published 04/11/2014
Under Nixon we spent a lot more federal resources on drug rehab than we do now.
Originally published 02/14/2014
The 1978 cult classic "Midnight Express" has been adapted for the stage.
Originally published 05/05/2013
South Vietnamese leaders at the 1965 Honolulu conference. Credit: Wiki Commons.
- Egyptian ‘Mona Lisa’ A Fake
- The Story Behind ‘Woman in Gold’: Nazi Art Thieves and One Painting’s Return
- Scott Walker, Allergic to Dogs, May Run Against Political History
- Russian History Receives a Makeover That Starts With Ivan the Terrible
- Parsing Ronald Reagan’s Words for Early Signs of Alzheimer’s
- Joan Waugh on Grant's and Lee's 'gentlemen's agreement' ending the Civil War
- Charlatan or Sage? Contested Legacy of the late Dr. Ben, a Father of African Studies
- Historians make it easy for visitors to DC to understand the history of the Mall
- History's Grandin Wins Bancroft Prize for "The Empire of Necessity"
- Nobel prize-winning scientist writes a history of science