Originally published 12/31/2014
If the Census Bureau proceeds with a recently released plan, then in a few years’ time, we will know very little about how the contours of family life are changing.
Originally published 04/30/2013
William M. Maury, 73, chief historian at the U.S. Census Bureau, died April 12 at Suburban Hospital in Bethesda.He had complications from lung disease, said his son, Brooke Maury.Dr. Maury, a Kensington resident, joined the Census Bureau as chief historian in 2002. He was previously a data analyst for the Federal Aviation Administration and a historian for the National Archives. Earlier in his career, he taught history at Catholic University and George Washington University....
- Robert Dallek: “The fish rots from the head”
- It’s Been 3 Decades Since There Were So Few Jobs for History Ph.D.s
- Former Berkeley Chancellor Nicholas Dirks returns to campus as a member of the history department
- Conservatives attack Garry Wills’s book on the Quran
- The Scholars Behind the Quest for Reparations