Originally published 12/23/2014
"If our citizens and workforce are to compete and prosper in the global economy, they must have a strong foundation in world history and geography."
Originally published 04/24/2013
Image via Shutterstock.Excerpted from "The History of the World, Sixth Edition" by J.M. Roberts and Odd Arne West. Copyright © 2013 Odd Arne Westad. All rights reserved.
- Stanford historian uncovers the dark roots of humanitarianism
- Historian hailed for offering a history of the culture wars
- Scholars to set the West straight about "Apocalyptic Hopes, Millennial Dreams and Global Jihad"
- Why Eugene Genovese’s 2 sentences about Vietnam went viral in 1965
- Historians named to the 2015 class of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences