Originally published 12/23/2014
"If our citizens and workforce are to compete and prosper in the global economy, they must have a strong foundation in world history and geography."
Originally published 04/24/2013
Image via Shutterstock.Excerpted from "The History of the World, Sixth Edition" by J.M. Roberts and Odd Arne West. Copyright © 2013 Odd Arne Westad. All rights reserved.
- Joan Baez, Sly Stone, Steve Martin, Ben E. King -- all honored by the Library of Congress
- StoryCorps to Launch Global Expansion With $1M TED Prize
- Hofstra Event Looks at Bush Presidency
- Did Israel steal uranium from a town in Pennsylvania in the 1960s?
- Sequel to Nelson Mandela's Long Walk to Freedom to be published next year
- History Camp "unconference" returns for the second year in Boston
- History Department at Connecticut College deplores Facebook post on Palestinians
- Historians join other scholars in protesting Georgia's anti-gay legislation
- Homeland Security historian builds winning case against Salvadoran leader who oversaw crimes
- What Howard Zinn taught the students of Spelman College