Originally published 04/18/2013
April 15 marks the 68th anniversary of Branko Lustig’s liberation from the Bergen-Belsen concentration camp when he was not quite 13 years old. In this Op-Doc video, we follow Mr. Lustig back to Poland to visit the Auschwitz and Birkenau camps (where he was also interned) and to celebrate the bar mitzvah he could never have as a young man. [Click here or on link above for video.]
- A Trump book riddled with falsehoods will no longer be sold by the National History Museum
- 'America First,' a phrase with a loaded anti-Semitic and isolationist history
- These presidents all said they were going to change America. How’d that work out?
- Presidents Have Less Power Over the Economy Than You Might Think
- Harry Middleton, who led LBJ library and released presidential tapes, dies at 95