Democracy of Sound
Originally published 04/16/2013
Jim Cullen: Review of Alex Sayf Cummings's "Democracy of Sound: Music Piracy and the Remaking of American Copyright in the Twentieth Century" (Oxford, 2013)
Jim Cullen, who teaches at the Ethical Culture Fieldston School in New York, is a book review editor at HNN. His latest book, Sensing the Past: Hollywood Stars and Historical Visions, was recently published by Oxford University Press. Cullen blogs at American History Now.
- A Trump book riddled with falsehoods will no longer be sold by the National History Museum
- 'America First,' a phrase with a loaded anti-Semitic and isolationist history
- These presidents all said they were going to change America. How’d that work out?
- Presidents Have Less Power Over the Economy Than You Might Think
- Harry Middleton, who led LBJ library and released presidential tapes, dies at 95