University of Illinois Chicago
Originally published 04/03/2013
Dr. Hannelore Loevy Taschini, a pediatric dentist who taught for more than four decades at the University of Illinois at Chicago College of Dentistry, was also a dental historian, editor and author."She was a nationally recognized historian of the dental profession who preserved the history of women in our profession for posterity," Bruce Graham, the school's dean, said in a statement....
- Rise of Donald Trump Tracks Growing Debate Over Global Fascism
- Tales of African-American History Found in DNA
- History Celebrates New Show Roots With Project to Digitize Post-Slavery Documents
- In 1453, this Ottoman sultan ended Christian rule in Constantinople. But was he a good Muslim?
- Abraham Lincoln's Emancipation Proclamation among documents sold for $6.2m in New York
- History Relevance Campaign meets at the Smithsonian
- Bernard Lewis Turns 100
- David Lowenthal, author of "The Past Is a Foreign Country,” says it’s folly to scratch the names of slaveholders off buildings
- Jean Edward Smith, biographer of FDR and Ike, has a new biography coming out … of George W. Bush
- Flora Fraser, biographer of George and Martha Washington, wins $50,000 George Washington Prize