Originally published 03/26/2013
The Nominating Committee for 2013–14, chaired by Raúl A. Ramos (University of Houston), met in Washington, D.C. on February 9–10 and offers the following candidates for offices of the Association that are to be filled in the election this year:President (1-year term) Jan E. Goldstein, University of Chicago (modern European intellectual and cultural history in social and political context, modern France, history of the human sciences)President-elect (1-year term)David Levering Lewis, New York University (political biography, literature of racism, Europe in Africa, Islam in Europe)Vicki L. Ruiz, University of California, Irvine (Chicano/Latino, U.S. women’s, immigration, labor)Vice-President, Professional Division (3-year term)
- Historians gloss over too many unpalatable truths, Antony Beevor says
- Historian shares his own experience with mental illness
- Daniel Pipes calls the rulers of Iran "madmen" on official Iranian TV
- A Professor Tries to Beat Back a News Spoof That Won’t Go Away
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?