Originally published 03/26/2013
The Nominating Committee for 2013–14, chaired by Raúl A. Ramos (University of Houston), met in Washington, D.C. on February 9–10 and offers the following candidates for offices of the Association that are to be filled in the election this year:President (1-year term) Jan E. Goldstein, University of Chicago (modern European intellectual and cultural history in social and political context, modern France, history of the human sciences)President-elect (1-year term)David Levering Lewis, New York University (political biography, literature of racism, Europe in Africa, Islam in Europe)Vicki L. Ruiz, University of California, Irvine (Chicano/Latino, U.S. women’s, immigration, labor)Vice-President, Professional Division (3-year term)
- Polish prime minister seeks dialogue with Israel on 'difficult history'
- Writer Makes the Case for Impeaching Clarence Thomas
- Finding a Lock of George Washington’s Hair, and a Link to American History
- How Does Trump Stack Up Against the Best — and Worst — Presidents?
- Russia Isn’t the Only One Meddling in Elections. We Do It, Too.
- Dartmouth’s Randall Balmer: Under Trump, America's religious right is rewriting its code of ethics
- Was This Technology historian plagiarized? Sure seems like she was.
- Meet the new authorized historian of Britain's communications intelligence agency
- Lerone Bennett Jr., journalist and historian of African American life, dies at 89
- Right after the Civil War, says Stanford's Richard White, Americans were really hopeful, then reality hit