Originally published 01/16/2014
The first in a series: In which we finesse the occupational hazard of keeping student names straight.
Originally published 01/06/2013
Howard Zinn speaking in 2009. Credit: Wiki Commons.
- Did a historian who said he’s a victim of McCarthyism get the story wrong?
- Stephanie Coontz’s work on the history of marriage cited by the Supreme Court.
- How Does It Feel To Have One’s Work as a Historian Cited by the Supreme Court? Cool. Very Cool. Thank You Very Much.
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- David Hackett Fischer wins $100,000 prize for lifetime achievement in military writing