Originally published 03/20/2013
The FINANCIAL -- Historian and award-winning author Professor Timothy Snyder will take up the Philippe Roman Chair in History and International Affairs for 2013-14.Professor Snyder is currently the Bird White Housum Professor of History at Yale University, specialising in the political history of central and eastern Europe as well as the Holocaust. A prolific author, he has written five award-winning books including Bloodlands: Europe between Hitler and Stalin, which has been awarded ten awards including the Emerson Prize in the Humanities and the Leipzig Award for European Understanding and was named on 12 book-of-the-year lists for 2010. The Philippe Roman Chair in History and International Affairs is based in LSE IDEAS, the centre for the study of international affairs, diplomacy and grand strategy. The annual post gives LSE the chance to bring a renowned academic from another part of the world to the School for a year of research, teaching and discussion....
- Evidence of Pre-Columbus Trade Found in Alaska House
- Rwanda Pullout Driven by Clinton White House, U.N. Equivocation
- Centuries of Italian History Are Unearthed in Quest to Fix Toilet
- The U.S. Discovery of Israel's Secret Nuclear Project
- At Auschwitz-Birkenau, Preserving a Site and a Ghastly Inventory