Originally published 03/18/2013
NEW YORK — A history of fishing in the Atlantic Ocean and a close study of wartime conduct have been named winners of the prestigious Bancroft Prize.Columbia University announced Monday that the winners were W. Jeffrey Bolster’s “The Mortal Sea: Fishing the Atlantic in the Age of Sail” and John Fabian Witt’s “Lincoln’s Code: The Laws of War in American History.” Each author will receive $10,000 for one of the most coveted awards among historians....Related LinksRobin Lindley: Interview with John Fabian Witt on "Lincoln's Code"
- Princeton's Kevin Kruse takes to Twitter to prove that the Senate has indeed filibustered SCOTUS nominees
- The Lawyer vs. the Historian
- Roger Wilkins, civil rights champion in government and journalism, dies at 85
- Ken Burns making documentary on Muhammad Ali
- Rick Perlstein is asked if Trump’s like Nixon