Originally published 01/28/2015
A paper, written by Professor Jamie Hacker Hughes and Dr Walid Abdul-Hamid, suggests that the condition existed in the ancient world.
Originally published 12/19/2014
One hundred and fifty years later, historians are discovering some of the earliest known cases of post-traumatic stress disorder
Originally published 03/12/2013
Murray Polner: Review of Dale Maharidge’s “Bringing Mulligan Home: The Other Side of the Good War” (Public Affairs, 2013)
Murray Polner, a regular HNN book reviewer, wrote No Victory Parades: The Return of the Vietnam Veteran and When Can We Come Home, about Vietnam War resisters.
- Stanford historian uncovers the dark roots of humanitarianism
- Historian hailed for offering a history of the culture wars
- Scholars to set the West straight about "Apocalyptic Hopes, Millennial Dreams and Global Jihad"
- Why Eugene Genovese’s 2 sentences about Vietnam went viral in 1965
- Historians named to the 2015 class of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences