Originally published 01/14/2013
Download this lesson plan as a Word documentDuration: One 35-45 minute lesson.Goal:Students will understand the purpose of inauguration day and the meaning of the events that occur.Objectives:Students will be able to identify what takes place during an inauguration.Students will be able to show understanding of inauguration day by writing their own inauguration speeches.Essential Question: What goes on during a presidential inauguration?NCSS Themes:Theme 10- Civic Ideals and PracticesProcedures:Attention Getter:
- Berlin's street names provoke debate over forgotten colonial history
- 'World's first newspaper published in Korea in 1557'
- Trump’s claim that ‘no administration has accomplished more in the first 90 days’
- Trump parroted Chinese version of history
- Museum of the American Revolution opens: 'It's high time we had a museum such as this'
- David McCullough: President Trump's Disregard for History Is 'Utter Nonsense'
- Professor uses role-playing, video game to teach history
- American Historical Review apology prompts soul-searching over racial gatekeeping in the academe
- Professor who tweeted Trump 'must hang' goes on leave for semester
- Jonathan Zimmerman is joining the growing ranks of liberal historians alarmed by college speech codes