Originally published 01/27/2015
If the U.S. is at war with "radical Islam," is it at war with Iran? With Hezbollah? With Hamas? Unless one can come up with a coherent explanation as to why these groups fall outside of the ambit of radical Islam, the category loses all strategic value.
Originally published 03/11/2013
Lars Hedegaard.Cross-posted from FrontPageMag with the permission of the author.At 11:20am on February 5, Lars Hedegaard answered his door bell to an apparent mailman. Instead of receiving a package, however, the 70-year-old Danish historian and journalist found himself face to face with a would-be assassin about one third his age. The assailant shot him once, narrowly missing his head. The gun locked, Hedegaard wrestled with him, and the young man fled.
- What Americans Don’t Want to See in a President
- Revealed: How the gruesome Operation Condor kidnapped and tortured and killed people
- Returning the Spoils of World War II, Taken by Americans
- Nazi-confiscated painting returned to heir of Jewish art historian
- Bobby Jindal book on lessons of history coming in October
- Historian chastises Sacramento State for substituting anthropology for American history
- Open Letter in Support of Historians in Japan
- This is just one reason Eric Burns decided to write a whole book about the year 1920
- Historian traces racist origin of Louisiana law allowing 10-2 jury verdicts
- Israel Museum turns Yuval Noah Harari's "Brief History of Humankind" into exhibit