NY Public Library
Originally published 01/26/2016
And they’re free. And free is always good.
Originally published 06/29/2015
Historians and archivists say the NY Public Library no longer functions as a world-class research library
What went wrong at one of the world’s eminent research institutions?
Originally published 04/04/2014
The Lionel Pincus & Princess Firyal Map Division is very proud to announce the release of more than 20,000 cartographic works as high resolution downloads.
Originally published 03/07/2013
NEW YORK — The New York Public Library's archive is so massive that some of the material has never been seen except on request.Beginning Friday, the library presents a selection of those hidden gems, a group of works showcasing the extraordinary printmaking skills of American impressionist artist Mary Cassatt."Daring Methods: The Prints of Mary Cassatt" includes 88 prints donated to the library in 1900 by Samuel Putnam Avery, a Manhattan art dealer who developed a close working relationship with the artist....
- Voting opens soon for the leaders of the OAH in 2017
- A team of science historians are attempting to re-create recipes from sixteenth-century alchemy texts
- David Kennedy recalls his dinners with President Obama
- When Kellie Jones Wanted To Study Black Art History, The Field Didn’t Exist. So She Created It Herself.
- Michael Honey: The 60’s activist turned historian