Originally published 09/05/2013
A lottery grant has made the digitization project possible.
Originally published 04/01/2013
Image via Shutterstock.Originally posted on TomDispatch.com
Originally published 01/24/2013
When you look at a gun, do you see danger or safety? It all depends on the angle you’re looking from, risk perception experts say.
Originally published 10/02/2013
Ira Chernus's MythicAmerica
We won't have an informed debate about Iran until our mass media admit that in the U.S. as well as in Iran, dueling narratives are at the heart of competing views on foreign policy.
- Abraham Lincoln's Emancipation Proclamation among documents sold for $6.2m in New York
- Family shines light on American POW killed by Hiroshima blast
- In Hiroshima 71 years after first atomic strike, Obama calls for end of nuclear weapons
- Artist Corrects Inaccuracies At The George W. Bush Library With Augmented Reality
- “Unprecedented” discovery of mysterious structures created by Neanderthals
- History Relevance Campaign meets at the Smithsonian
- Bernard Lewis Turns 100
- David Lowenthal, author of "The Past Is a Foreign Country,” says it’s folly to scratch the names of slaveholders off buildings
- Jean Edward Smith, biographer of FDR and Ike, has a new biography coming out … of George W. Bush
- Flora Fraser, biographer of George and Martha Washington, wins $50,000 George Washington Prize