Originally published 03/05/2013
With his laissez-faire attitude towards continuity you’d think that historians would share the same level of contempt for the Doctor as he has for archaeologists.But rather than being bitter about his stubborn refusal to confirm even the most commonly believed theory (just put us out of our misery: is the Voynich Manuscript just a shopping list?) Brit-born historian, scholar and presenter Simon Schama revealed that he absolutely loves the Doctor.Speaking to BBC America at the BBC Worldwide showcase, where he was fielding questions about his latest multi-part documentary The History of the Jews, the conversation became animated when talk turned to the Doctor’s upcoming anniversary:“I love Doctor Who!”...
- Did Squanto meet Pocahontas in London?
- Thanksgiving: Early Colonists Ate Turkey... But Also Horses, Rats And Snakes, Archaeologists Say
- Sources: McMaster Mocked Trump’s Intelligence at a Private Dinner
- The JFK assassination files lead back to Seattle
- Princeton investigates its connection to slavery at a two-day symposium
- Why being a historian is about so much more than producing displays for museums
- Historian Says Textbooks Have Shaped Our Attitudes On Race
- Heather Ann Thompson says what went on at Attica is worse than we thought