SOURCE: Nursing Clio
by Donna J. Drucker
The documentary combines an endorsement of conspiratorial suspicion of pharmaceutical contraception and scientifically questionable fertility management under the guise of "empowerment" with a dose of financial conflict of interest thrown in.
SOURCE: Black Perspectives
by Joseph R. Fitzgerald
As an activist with the Combahee River Collective and after, Barbara Smith helped define the attention to the relationships among racism, sexism and social class associated with the term "intersectionality." Here, she discusses the past and future of reproductive justice with her biographer.
SOURCE: Washington Post
Without a recognized privacy right to reproductive freedom, legal precedents like the Buck v. Bell decision could allow states to resume forcibly sterilizing women they deem unfit for motherhood.
SOURCE: The New Yorker
by Keeanga-Yamahtta Taylor
"If women cannot dictate this most basic aspect of their being, then the Supreme Court has effectively consigned them to a distinctly secondary tier of citizenship."
SOURCE: Made By History at the Washington Post
by SaraEllen Strongman
Black women activists have been more likely than their white counterparts to place abortion rights in the broader context of reproductive justice: the freedom to have or not have children on one's own terms without the coercive pressure of political or economic power.
- Josh Hawley Earns F in Early American History
- Does Germany's Holocaust Education Give Cover to Nativism?
- "Car Brain" Has Long Normalized Carnage on the Roads
- Hawley's Use of Fake Patrick Henry Quote a Revealing Error
- Health Researchers Show Segregation 100 Years Ago Harmed Black Health, and Effects Continue Today
- Nelson Lichtenstein on a Half Century of Labor History
- Can America Handle a 250th Anniversary?
- New Research Shows British Industrialization Drew Ironworking Methods from Colonized and Enslaved Jamaicans
- The American Revolution Remains a Hotly Contested Symbolic Field
- Untangling Fact and Fiction in the Story of a Nazi-Era Brothel