Originally published 08/03/2014
Why President Obama Can No Longer Afford to Put Up with the CIA's Brazen Lies -- And Neither Can the Country
"President Barack Obama must rue the day when he renounced initiating an inquiry on CIA behavior during the war on terror in favor of moving forward into the future."
Originally published 01/07/2014
John Rizzo, a former CIA general counsel, says Bush's claim that he was informed about waterboarding from the first is not true.
Originally published 02/24/2013
Originally posted on TomDispatch.com
Originally published 09/06/2009
This page features links to articles on HNN.
- ICC orders Mali extremist to pay $3.2 million in reparations
- Political Rage Over Statues? Old News in the Old World
- Deadly U.S. Embassy Bombing in Kenya Was ‘Avoidable,’ According to Scorching New Memoir
- There are certain moments in US history when Confederate monuments go up
- Charlottesville Violence Spurs New Resistance to Confederate Symbols
- Eric Foner says in an interview that it’s not necessary to remove Confederate statues
- Philip Zelikow says the government should crack down on armed groups of militants
- Conservatives complain that a "Pro-gay U.S. embassy features ‘art’ by anti-Trump professor”
- N. D. B. Connolly says Charlottesville showed that liberalism can’t defeat white supremacy
- Historian William I. Hitchcock schools policymakers: Ike never threatened to use nukes in North Korea