Originally published 08/03/2014
Why President Obama Can No Longer Afford to Put Up with the CIA's Brazen Lies -- And Neither Can the Country
"President Barack Obama must rue the day when he renounced initiating an inquiry on CIA behavior during the war on terror in favor of moving forward into the future."
Originally published 01/07/2014
John Rizzo, a former CIA general counsel, says Bush's claim that he was informed about waterboarding from the first is not true.
Originally published 02/24/2013
Originally posted on TomDispatch.com
Originally published 09/06/2009
This page features links to articles on HNN.
- Rise of Donald Trump Tracks Growing Debate Over Global Fascism
- Tales of African-American History Found in DNA
- History Celebrates New Show Roots With Project to Digitize Post-Slavery Documents
- In 1453, this Ottoman sultan ended Christian rule in Constantinople. But was he a good Muslim?
- Abraham Lincoln's Emancipation Proclamation among documents sold for $6.2m in New York
- History Relevance Campaign meets at the Smithsonian
- Bernard Lewis Turns 100
- David Lowenthal, author of "The Past Is a Foreign Country,” says it’s folly to scratch the names of slaveholders off buildings
- Jean Edward Smith, biographer of FDR and Ike, has a new biography coming out … of George W. Bush
- Flora Fraser, biographer of George and Martha Washington, wins $50,000 George Washington Prize