by Jennifer Frost
The 26th Amendment resulted from Congress's determination to act swiftly in response to a Supreme Court decision that made it impracticable to grant 18 year olds the right to vote by simple legislation. Youth vote activists, Congress, and democracy advocates should demand similar focus on protecting voting access this year.
- The 'America First Caucus' Is Backtracking, But Its Mistaken Ideas About 'Anglo-Saxon' History Still Have Scholars Concerned
- ‘Prejudice’ Exposed? Jane Austen’s Links to Slavery ‘Interrogated’
- 2021 Wolfson Prize Shortlist Announced
- The Chauvin Verdict: ‘The Terrain Going Forward Will Not Be the Same’
- 'The Making Of Biblical Womanhood' Tackles Contradictions In Religious Practice