Originally published 04/24/2014
"I'm on their side," Griffin, R-Hereford, told me. "The issues that were brought up were serious concerns. I just want to make sure those concerns are taken care of."
Originally published 02/26/2014
Even If Arizona Made Its Anti-Gay Bill Law, It Wouldn't Have Mattered -- It Would Have Been Unconstitutional
It's *so* unconstitutional it's laughable -- these issues were supposed to be settled fifty years ago.
Originally published 03/01/2013
Blackness, as personified by the Obama family, embodies the type of hybridity that defines all Americans.
Originally published 02/21/2013
PHOENIX -- The buildings stretch from 11th Avenue to 52nd Street and include five homes and one church all designed by famed architect Frank Lloyd Wright, and all are part of a new plan by the Phoenix Historic Preservation Commission.The proposed plan, which would cost $1.2 million, was created after a home Wright designed for his son in the Arcadia area narrowly escaped demolition. A developer bought the land and planned to tear down the 2,500 square foot concrete house and build two new houses in its place....
- Did a historian who said he’s a victim of McCarthyism get the story wrong?
- Stephanie Coontz’s work on the history of marriage cited by the Supreme Court.
- How Does It Feel To Have One’s Work as a Historian Cited by the Supreme Court? Cool. Very Cool. Thank You Very Much.
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- David Hackett Fischer wins $100,000 prize for lifetime achievement in military writing