Originally published 12/19/2017
The explosive compound RDX helped make America a superpower. Now, it’s poisoning the nation’s water and soil.
Originally published 12/18/2017
As long as people retain their faith in the supreme value of military might, we can probably expect defense contractors to continue profiting from war at the public’s expense.
Originally published 12/30/2013
The arms designer developed the iconic weapon immediately after World War II.
Originally published 12/15/2013
Historian Dr. Robert M. Neer on his new book "Napalm: An American Biography"
Originally published 02/20/2013
This is the crux of a doctoral dissertation that researcher Ingrid Ystgaard will defend this spring at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology. She has studied weapons found in graves and the battle techniques they suggest during the transition from the early to the late Iron Age. The division between these periods was around 500 AD....
- 50 Years Later, It Feels Familiar: How America Fractured in 1968
- Hawaii False Alarm Hints at Thin Line Between Mishap and Nuclear War
- Ohio Teacher Put on Leave After Lynching Remark to Black Student
- One year in, Donald Trump has redefined the presidency
- In Trump’s Immigration Remarks, Echoes of a Century-Old Racial Ranking
- Sports Historian Explains Why She Wrote that the NCAA is the Modern Jim Crow
- Ibram X. Kendi says "The Heartbeat of Racism Is Denial”
- Historians Call Trump’s ‘Sh*thole’ Comment "The Most Openly Racist by a President in Decades"
- Bruce Cole, renaissance scholar who led National Endowment for the Humanities, dies at 79
- New book lays out for the first time the full story of Cuba's Cuban Missile Crisis