Originally published 09/23/2016
A CIA special intelligence assessment in 1987 concluded that Chilean General Augusto Pinochet ordered an “act of state terrorism” on the streets of Washington, D.C., that took the lives of former Chilean diplomat Orlando Letelier.
Originally published 08/01/2015
The crime was covered up for decades. A document shows what really happened.
Originally published 04/29/2015
Morris Morley and Chris McGillion
It’s a victory story, but a little more complicated than people think.
Originally published 02/19/2013
Map of CIA rendition sites. Countries in red cooperate with the CIA to detain and allegedly torture terror suspects. Drawn from data first published in the Washington Post. Map credit: HNN staff/Wiki Commons.Originally posted on TomDispatch.com
- How do you memorialize fallen in a war without end?
- NYT begins new series depicting lives of people on the front lives of the civil rights movement
- "Game of Thrones" creators sell show to HBO that imagines a world in which the Confederacy won
- North Korean travel ban marks return to Cold War-era restrictions on U.S. citizens abroad
- Can the President Be Indicted?
- When did higher education become partisan?
- One reason H.R. McMaster and Trump don't have a close relationship
- Rick Perlstein joins criticism of Nancy MacLean's "Democracy in Chains"
- Daniel Pipes says it’s time for the Palestinians to recognize they lost
- Wm. Theodore de Bary, Renowned Columbia Sinologist, Dies at 97