Latinos Forgotten Victims of US Nuclear Testing
Hispanic and Native residents of New Mexico who were excluded from the first Radiation Exposure Compensation Act are likely to be included in a bill to reauthorize the legislation.
SOURCE: Texas Observer
Selena’s Life and Legacy in Corpus Christi
Historian Cynthia E. Orozco discusses the life and legacy of the Tejana singer Selena Quintanilla as a new Netflix biographical series launches.
SOURCE: Labor and Working Class History Association
Verónica Martínez-Matsuda on Her New Book, Migrant Citizenship
"[Farm Security Administration officials and migrant farm laborers] argued that real democracy resulted not only from migrants’ full enfranchisement but also from their daily participation as citizens (regardless of formal status) in a political and social community characterized by collective responsibility and behavior."
- House Hearings on Campus Speech Show Different Perceptions of the Problem
- Mark Russell, DC's Piano-Playing Political Satirist, Dies at 90
- Trans Texans, Fearing Violence Inspired by Legislation and Rhetoric, Look to Armed Self-Defense
- How Paris Kicked out the Cars
- Vatican Repudiates "Doctrine of Discovery" that Justified Colonialism by Catholic Nations