SOURCE: Made By History at the Washington Post
Don't Use Anti-Asian Violence to Throw More Money at Police
by Crystal Jing Luo
Business interests in Oakland have hijacked the safety concerns of Asian Americans to support arming police in service of real estate development that threatens low-income housing.
Local Activists on How this Racial Justice Movement Fits in Oakland's History
Protests on Oakland reflect the energy of young organizers but also a legacy of African American activism. Five community leaders reflect on continuity and change in the city.
- House Hearings on Campus Speech Show Different Perceptions of the Problem
- Mark Russell, DC's Piano-Playing Political Satirist, Dies at 90
- Trans Texans, Fearing Violence Inspired by Legislation and Rhetoric, Look to Armed Self-Defense
- How Paris Kicked out the Cars
- Vatican Repudiates "Doctrine of Discovery" that Justified Colonialism by Catholic Nations