Originally published 11/08/2013
History gives us the data of our march of folly. Cognitive science shows why.
Originally published 06/23/2012
Macaulay famously said that history is not the rival of the sciences, it's the house in which science and literature and the arts all dwell. This page is designed to help historians keep up with the sciences so we can keep our house up-to-date.
- Did a historian who said he’s a victim of McCarthyism get the story wrong?
- Stephanie Coontz’s work on the history of marriage cited by the Supreme Court.
- How Does It Feel To Have One’s Work as a Historian Cited by the Supreme Court? Cool. Very Cool. Thank You Very Much.
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- David Hackett Fischer wins $100,000 prize for lifetime achievement in military writing