SOURCE: Cornell University and Indigenous Dispossession Project
by Jon Parmenter
The university must account for its role in the historical connection between settler colonialism and the development of American higher education.
SOURCE: New York Times
by Tristan Ahtone and Robert Lee
The Morrill Act created endowment funds from land that the U.S. Government took from Native Americans with little or no compensation. Addressing the problems of public universities must not exclude addressing the problems of Native communities.
SOURCE: High Country News
by Robert Lee and Tristan Ahtone
Expropriated Indigenous land is the foundation of the land-grant university system.
- Erika Lee and Carol Anderson on Myths and Realities of Race in American History
- Banished Podcast: Sunshine State's Descent Into Darkness
- Caroline Dodds Pennock on The Indigenous Americans Who Visited Europe
- Why Can't the Democrats Build a Governing Majority? (Review of Timothy Shenk)
- Victimhood and Vengeance: The Reactionary Roots of Christian Nationalism